Pick a plan and sign up for instant access!
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE?
80+ VALUE PACKED VIDEO TUTORIALS
This course is my "business in a box" and covers everything I did to start and grow my real estate photography company to 16 staff and $1M+ in yearly revenue in less than 4 years. I cover topics ranging from presets, software, camera gear, editing, and shooting - to business principles, customer service, and systems. This course is designed to be the only resource you will need to build a thriving real estate photography business. Regardless of whether you want to be a fully booked single photographer, or scale and hire like I did, this course will provide you the blueprint and answers that you are looking for!
ACCESS TO MEMBERS ONLY FACEBOOK GROUP + WEEKLY LIVE Q&A
When I was building Norman & Young, I had so many questions I would have loved to be able to ask - so we created a members only facebook group where my team, and students who have taken the course answer questions and help each other along the way. I also do multiple hours of live Q&A in this group each week!
Download raw photos, video clips, presets, templates and everything we use to run and grow our business! You can even use our proven website template! We include both the sample photos and videos to follow along with as well as the presets we use to process our photos at my company, Norman & Young.
30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
This isn't another course built to take your money. If you join the course and realize it's not right for you within the first 30 days I will give you 100% of your money back. The goal was of course to create another source of revenue for my company, but over that was to help others replicate our success in their market - so I don't want your money if you don't feel it is right for you!
SEE WHAT OUR MEMBERS ARE SAYING!
- 1.1 - REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY STRUCTURE AND TERMS (4:47)
- 1.2 - REAL ESTATE MEDIA SERVICES & PRICING (5:58)
- 1.3 - STATS | WHERE OUR REVENUE COMES FROM (1:54)
- 1.4 - THE STARBUCKS EFFECT | PRODUCT-MARKET FIT (2:04)
- 1.5 - STATS | THE $100K/YEAR BREAKDOWN (3:27)
- 1.6 - OUR SECRET WEAPON | CUSTOMER SERVICE (5:23)
- 1.7 - TWO REASONS WE DON'T USE CONTRACTS (1:31)
- 1.8 - TURN-AROUND TIME (1:23)
- 1.9 - SOLE PROPRIETORSHIP VS. LLC (3:47)
- 1.10 - BUSINESS NAME AND TAXES (2:08)
- 1.11 - COLLECTING AND PAYING SALES TAX
- 1.12 - WHAT ACTUALLY SELLS THE HOUSE | DON'T MAKE THIS MISTAKE! (2:21)
- 1.13 - SALES 1 | HOW TO GET YOUR FIRST 10+ CLIENTS EASILY (3:45)
- 1.14 - SALES 2 | HOW TO TURBOCHARGE YOUR GROWTH (3:05)
- 1.16 - CUSTOMER SERVICE CASE STUDY | #1 (2:53)
- 1.17 - CUSTOMER SERVICE CASE STUDY | #2 (5:38)
- 1.18 - CUSTOMER SERVICE CASE STUDY | #3 (2:38)
- 1.19 - CUSTOMER SERVICE CASE STUDY | #4 (1:18)
- 1.20 - OUTSOURCING EDITING | HOW WE DO IT & WHAT WE HAVE LEARNED (3:22)
- 1.21 - DRESS CODE (1:34)
- 1.22 - PART 107 TEST (FAA DRONE TEST) (4:15)
- 1.23 - SPENDING YOUR MONEY WHERE IT COUNTS
- 1.24 - HOW TO GET SUPRA LOCKBOX ACCESS (1:43)
- 1.25 - CUSTOMER SERVICE INTERJECTIONS (2:07)
- 2.1 - ORGANIZATION = SCALABILITY (3:02)
- 2.2 - WEBSITE - HOSTING AND BUILDING (5:43)
- 2.3 - COMPANY EMAILS (3:36)
- 2.4 - INVOICING/SCHEDULING/DELIVERY ALL-IN-ONE SYSTEM (3:11)
- 2.5 - AGENT CUSTOMIZATION (2:39)
- 2.6 - PAYMENT PROCESSING / SALES METRICS (1:20)
- 2.7 - HOW TO KEEP TRACK OF INCOME & EXPENSES (CALCULATING PROFIT) (3:46)
- 3.1 - EQUIPMENT | WHAT WE USE AT NORMAN & YOUNG (3:02)
- 3.3 - CAMERA SETTINGS (FOR CANON, BUT SAME SETTINGS APPLY FOR OTHER MANUFACTURERS) (3:57)
- 3.3.1 - HOW TO SET UP BRACKETING WITH SONY (1:25)
- 3.4 - SOFTWARE & HOW TO INSTALL OUR PRESETS (MAC) (4:09)
- 3.4.1 - SOFTWARE & HOW TO INSTALL OUR PRESETS (PC) (4:20)
- 3.4.2 - (OPTIONAL) HOW TO MAKE A CUSTOM LENS CORRECTION PRESET (3:30)
- 3.4.5 - (OPTIONAL) EDITING FLOW WITH PHOTOMATIX LIGHTROOM PLUGIN
- 3.5 - 5 COMPOSITION TIPS FOR REAL ESTATE PHOTOS (3:21)
- 3.5.2 - WHAT VERTICALS ARE & HOW TO GET THEM STRAIGHT! (2:12)
- 3.6 - MUST MOVE LIST - DON'T LET THIS BE IN YOUR SHOTS!
- 3.7 - PHOTO SHOOT | HOUSE 1 (11:44)
- 3.8 - FULL EDIT | HOUSE 1 (18:51)
- 3.9 - PHOTO SHOOT | HOUSE 2 (27:11)
- 3.10 - FULL EDIT | HOUSE 2 (25:35)
- 3.11 - DRONES & DRONE CAMERA SETTINGS (3:51)
- 3.12 - DRONE PHOTO SHOOT (5:17)
- 3.13 - DRONE PHOTO EDIT (6:27)
- 3.14 - TWILIGHT PHOTO SHOOT (7:01)
- 3.15 - TWILIGHT PHOTO EDIT (7:51)
- 3.16 - HOW TO "SHOOT" & EDIT VIRTUAL TWILIGHTS (1:18)
- 3.17 - HDR BLENDING ISSUES
- 3.18 - HDR "GHOST" REMOVAL
- 3.19 - TV REPLACEMENT & FIRE IN FIREPLACES (3:20)
- 3.20 - OBJECT REMOVAL MADE EASY (6:55)
- 3.21 - SKY REPLACEMENTS MADE EASY (3:25)
- 3.22 - GRASS GREENING MADE EASY (3:43)
- 3.23 - VIRTUAL STAGING MADE EASY (1:42)
- 3.24 - DRIVEWAY CLEANUP MADE EASY (3:15)
- 3.25 - FLOOR PLANS MADE EASY (1:54)
- 3.26 - BONUS SERIVCE: ROOM MEASUREMENTS (1:03)
- 4.1 - EQUIPMENT | WHAT WE USE AT NORMAN & YOUNG (4:08)
- 4.2 - CAMERA SETTINGS | VIDEO (3:23)
- 4.2.5 - SPECIFIC SETTINGS FOR SONY A73 (OPTIONAL & MORE ADVANCED) (5:07)
- 4.3 - FULL VIDEO SHOOT | HOUSE 1 (24:56)
- 4.4 - 30 MINUTE EDIT (PART 1) | PROJECT CREATION & CLIP SELECTION (11:54)
- 4.5 - 30 MINUTE EDIT (PART 2) | ADDING MUSIC & EDITING TO THAT MUSIC (19:09)
- 4.6 - 30 MINUTE EDIT (PART 3) | COLOR CORRECTING & FINALIZING FOR EXPORT (12:01)
- 4.7 - ROYALTY FREE MUSIC FOR YOUR VIDEOS (0:52)
- 4.8 - DELIVERING AND HOSTING VIDEOS (4:09)
- 4.9 - BALANCING THE DJI RONIN S (5:11)
- 4.10 - RONIN S SETTINGS
- 6.1 - SCALING IS A DECISION, NOT A DEFINITE PATH (WATCH BEFORE THE REST OF THE SCALING VIDEOS) (4:53)
- 6.2 - WHAT IT MEANS TO BE AN "OWNER" (3:24)
- 6.3 - STAFF BREAKDOWN | WHO WE HAVE & WHAT THEY DO (3:49)
- 6.4 - WHEN TO HIRE YOUR FIRST EMPLOYEE & WHAT THEY SHOULD DO (4:48)
- 6.5 - HOW WE FIND, INTERVIEW & HIRE PHOTOGRAPHERS (5:28)
- 6.6 - EMPLOYEE COMPENSATION & HOW WE PAY (5:12)
- 6.7 - NON-COMPETE/NDA AGREEMENTS | HOW WE AVOID TRAINING OUR NEXT COMPETITOR (2:59)
- 6.8 - HOW WE TRAIN EMPLOYEES TO MAINTAIN COMPANY STANDARDS & QUALITY (4:34)
- 6.9 - THE NORMAN & YOUNG MERIT SYSTEM | OUR MODERN ITERATION OF AN OLD HR SYSTEM (4:23)
- 6.10 - MANAGING SEASONAL REVENUE FLUCTUATION (1:37)
- 6.11 - NORMAN & YOUNG OFFICE TOUR (NOT CRITICAL TO SCALING, MORE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LIKE THE BEHIND THE SCENES) (6:48)
- 6.12 - INTERNAL TEAM COMMUNICATION SOFTWARE (4:22)
- DOWNLOAD: HDR PRESETS
- DOWNLOAD: LIGHTROOM PRESETS
- DOWNLOAD: HOME PREP CHECKLIST FOR SELLERS/AGENTS
- DOWNLOAD: RECOMMENDED MINIMUM SHOT LIST FOR A 36 PHOTO PACKAGE
- DOWNLOAD: SIMPLE ACCOUNTING SPREADSHEET
- DOWNLOAD: NORMAN & YOUNG POINTS HR SYSTEM TEMPLATE
- DOWNLOAD: VIRTUAL STAGING CATALOG
- DOWNLOAD: ROOM MEASUREMENTS REPORT TEMPLATE
- DOWNLOAD: RAW DRONE PHOTOS FROM HOUSE 1
- DOWNLOAD: RAW PHOTOS FROM HOUSES 1-2
- DOWNLOAD: RAW VIDEO FROM HOUSE 1
- DOWNLOAD: RAW TWILIGHT PHOTOS
- DISCOUNT: HDR SOFTWARE 25% DISCOUNT
- DISCOUNT: ARTLIST 2 MONTHS FREE
- DISCOUNT: OUTSOURCING VOLUME RATES
- BONUS: USE OUR WEBSITE
- BONUS: GET $200 WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR GUSTO AND RUN YOUR FIRST PAYROLL
- SAMPLE TERMS OF SERVICE (NEEDED FOR FULL FRAME)
- LOVE THIS COURSE AND WANT TO RECOMMEND IT TO OTHERS? GET A 20% AFFILIATE COMMISSION!
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
• Anyone interested in starting or growing their own business
• Photography hobbyists who want to turn their passion into a career
• Professional photographers looking for a sustainable, profitable business opportunity
• Real estate photography professionals interested in scaling up their business
"I have had my own company for over two years and somehow this course has provided a lot of new information on how to not only set up my business properly, but also how to stand out with customer experience. I have quickly learned what goes into creating a successful business from preparing for taxes building a team. The weekly Q &A has also helped me think for myself because of the direct access to the owner of the course." --Tommy
"Absolutely amazing program, and the guys that created it are some of the most nice, friendly, sincere people you will ever come across!! I can not recommend it enough for any body who is seriously thinking about starting a real estate photography company... it will help you start light years ahead of where you would have on your own... I know it did for me!" --Ryan
"This course filled in the gaps of what it was that I was missing in order to take my business from one appointment a week (sometimes one per month) to a minimum of one appointment per day. Eli knows what he is talking about and truly breaks everything down for you. Highly recommended."
“BUSINESS IN A BOX”
One of the things I love most about starting or growing a real estate photography business is that, when you use my system, it’s what I call a “business in a box.”
What do I mean by that?
Well, the most difficult aspect of starting a business is starting from scratch, and having to figure out everything on your own. That’s why most small businesses fail.
They simply aren’t prepared for the challenges, and they make too many mistakes because they aren’t following a proven system.
This is also what makes a franchise business -- like McDonalds -- so incredibly valuable. When someone buys into a franchise (e.g. opens up a McDonald’s store), they’re paying a premium because there’s a proven system that virtually guarantees their success.
They don’t have to be the next Bill Gates or Warren Buffett to make it work -- they just have to do is follow the system and put the work in.
That’s why it costs millions of dollars to open a McDonalds today.
I designed Real Estate Photographer Pro with that model in mind.
I know that most people don’t want to take the risky, tedious path of figuring out everything on their own. I know that you’re willing to put in the work, but you’re also smart enough to not want or need to reinvent the wheel -- you can get to your destination faster and easier by following a proven model.
Of course, there is one big difference between Real Estate Photography Pro and opening a McDonalds: The cost! Since you don’t have to worry about real estate deals, huge overhead costs, and paying out royalties on your sales, you can start or grow your business for just the price of enrolling in an online course.
3 POSSIBLE PATHS TO SUCCESS
One of my favorite things about real estate photography is that it gives you plenty of options as a business owner.
Path #1: Operate a “one person” business
For many people, this is a great way to start out. It’s a risk-free, low-pressure way to get your feet wet, while earning money doing something you enjoy.
It also allows you to earn a pretty good income, without most of the challenges of a traditional business.
Remember, in my first year I was able to earn roughly $60,000, without having to work full time, rent an office, hire employees, and so on.
You can choose to stop at this point if you’d like. Personally, I chose to keep growing my business, which leads me to...
Path #2: Operate a small business
For anyone interested in growing past the “one person” business phase, a great option is to grow into a small business.
You can hire a few employees, which allows you to service more clients -- this translates into more income, while still keeping things relatively small, and keeping your overhead low.
Again, you may choose to stop at this point, comfortably serving a few clients and operating a small, low-pressure business. Or, you may choose to do what I did...
Path #3: Scale your business
Today, my small “side hustle” business is now a full fledged and growing operation, with over 1,000 clients, 15 employees and contractors, and over $1-million dollars in annual revenue.
The beautiful thing about having all of these options is that you don’t have to decide now -- you can start from wherever you’re currently at, and grow it to whatever level you’re comfortable with.
Or maybe you’ll want to challenge yourself to get out of your comfort zone, and grow into a new one! Again, it’s all up to you. As a Real Estate Photography Pro, the sky’s the limit, and you get to choose.
FROM HOBBYIST TO $1,000,000+ IN YEARLY REVENUE
One of my favorite things about Real Estate Photography is that anyone can do it.
It doesn’t matter if you’re already a professional photographer, a hobbyist, or even if you’ve never held a camera in your entire life -- I can teach you how to do it and be successful at it.
And it doesn’t take years or months to learn. Nor does it cost thousands of dollars, require you to take out expensive student loans, and so on.
Quite to the contrary, it’s something anyone can learn quickly, and get up and running in just a few days if you really want to.
I know this from personal experience. When I started my Real Estate Photography company, Norman & Young (Norman is my middle name, and Young is my brother’s middle name), it was just a side business I started...by accident!
I was only 17 at the time, and I was planning to go to college. I thought the only way to make a good income in this world was to get a four-year degree, so that’s what I was working towards.
My plan was to become a doctor. But I started questioning that plan because almost every doctor I talked to told me they wouldn’t do it over again, if they had the choice.
They said it “wasn’t what they expected,” that they didn’t enjoy it, AND it took them $500,000 or more in student loans, plus an entire decade of school, to start making a decent income.
That was pretty sobering -- can you imagine going into debt for half a million dollars, and spending an entire decade going to school, only to regret your decision once you finally started working? I’d hate to be a patient one of those disgruntled doctors is about to operate on!
Luckily, right before I went off to college, I was asked if I could take some photos of a house that was listed for sale -- and being a teenager in need of money, I said yes.
I was far from a professional photographer, and I ended up making every mistake you could make when photographing real estate, but I still made $50. Not bad for a kid who had no experience!
But I was hardly prepared for what would happen next...
It wasn’t long before word got around, and more and more real estate agents were hiring me to photograph their property listings.
By the end of my first full year, I’d made over $100,000. Since that’s more than many college professors themselves earn, I decided to pursue my Real Estate Photography business, instead of a college degree.
That turned out to be one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
I could have stopped there if I wanted to. Making six-figures photographing houses was already an amazing way to make a living.
But I saw the potential and knew it could be bigger, so I recruited my brother to help me grow it into a bigger business. Just like that, Norman & Young was created.
Fast forward five years, and some incredible things have happened:
• We now have over 1,000 paying clients
• We’ve doubled our revenue every single year -- we’re now at over $1,000,000+ in yearly revenue, and still growing!
• We’ve been able to hire 10+ employees, so we can earn even more money, with less effort
Remember what I said earlier… It doesn’t matter where you’re currently at…
Maybe you’re considering Real Estate Photography as a side hustle, like I was at first…
Or maybe you want to turn it into a nice six-figure income, doing something enjoyable…
Or perhaps you want to grow it into a larger business, like I did…
Either way, I’d love to help you get there.
That’s why I created Estate Photographer Pro.
I’ve packed this course with all of the info I wish I’d started with, including:
• Every step you should take to get started quickly and successfully
• How to grow your business, so you can earn more, with less effort
• Mistakes that prevent most Real Estate Photographers from success and profitability, and what you should do instead
• Step by step systems for photographing any property
What to do before, during, and after a shoot
• A simple and effective system for getting tons of clients (without cold calling or other uncomfortable forms of “selling”)
• How to keep clients coming back for more, so you keep getting paid, without having to keep finding new clients
• Simple pricing structures you can emulate, so you won’t have to guess how much to charge
• What services to offer clients for maximum profitability
• And much, much, much more!
I even go into all the nitty gritty details, like naming your business, whether or not to incorporate, how to think about sales tax -- and of course everything you need to know about what gear to use, and how to shoot and edit photos!
I couldn’t be prouder of this course, or more excited to share it with you.
Feel free to have a look around the page -- I believe you’ll find all the information you need to make a decision, but if not, feel free to email me at [email protected]rocourse.com and I’ll get back to you shortly (I read and respond to all emails personally).
Hello! My name is Eli Jones and I am the founder of Norman & Young - and the creator of this course and community!
Founded in 2016, Norman & Young has quickly grown from a 2 man team to the 15+ we have now. During this growth process we learned and tested a lot - and have now compiled our best practices into this course, Real Estate Photographer Pro.
It has always been my belief that the reason most photographers are not as successful as they would like to be stems not from a lack of skill in their craft, but from a lack of the business and customer service concepts needed to build a thriving business. So while this course covers every component on how we shoot and edit; we place a heavy emphasis on the customer service, systems, and processes we have used to build Norman & Young.
I have always (as I am sure you have) been turned off by a lot of the scammy feeling online courses out there. So I was hesitant to build a course myself as I didn't want to get lumped in with that crowd. However, I am extremely proud of this product as I truly believe it offers a life changing amount of value for many photographers and others who want the opportunity to either become a full time photographer, or transition from a job they don't like to a self driven career as a photographer.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]!